Battling Brent

The Eastern Bloc 'thought police' are alive and well and operate from Brent Town Hall

4th June 2008   « Corrupt Council
Revised: 27-1-09
Documents from Brent Council are quoted here either whole or in part to establish context.

Refusing to respond since February 2008, I received this letter from Brent Council on Tuesday, the 3rd of June 2008:

Town Hall Annexe
Forty Lane
Wembley
Middlesex
HA9 9DH

Legal and Democratic Services

Our Ref: PPW/718/37/ADV

30 May 2008

Dear Sir

Re: Bent council.blogspot.com website
I am instructed by the London Borough of Brent regarding the above matter.
      I am advised that blog.sot.com [sic] is operated by blogger.com which is a company owned by Google Inc. and I am therefore approaching you as the organisation responsible for the material distributed on the blogspot.com website.
      Bentcouncil.blogspot.com is operated by you and is writing material which is plainly defamatory of Brent officers including the Chief Executive and many officers employed by Brent Housing Partnership which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the borough and is responsible for managing the borough's residential estate.
      I invite you to visit the website at http/bentcouncil.blogspot.com/ [sic] to see for yourself the clearly defamatory nature of your observations.
      I call upon you to confirm to me within the course of the next three weeks that you will take action either to close down this website or else ensure that it does not produce material which is defamatory of the borough of [sic] any of its officers or agents.

Yours sincerely

Peter Williams
Senior Lawyer
(Housing and Litigation Team)

Now that I have their attention

For the moment, I have taken down all previous posts and information describing the behaviour of certain Council employees. However, because there is an element of public interest involved, the Council cannot simply issue a demand I withdraw information, comment or opinion relating to the behaviour of Brent Council itself and to its failure to provide a certain level of service.
      Consequently, I will now be writing privately to Brent Council's Chief Executive seeking clarification on the issues the Council say are defamatory. I will also be asking the Council to provide answers individually to the issues which have given rise to the Bent Council web-site and to explain the behaviour of those Council employees identified previously in relation to their actions since October 1996.
      Additionally, I will expect the Council to supply evidence in support of any claims the Council make in providing these answers. Simply saying 'we did this on this date…' and 'Council employee XX did this on this date…' is no longer acceptable. Neither is it acceptable for the Council to say it cannot provide evidence in relation to certain actions which may or may not have been performed by either these employees or other unidentified employees.

And I will be back – soon

I will be giving the Council a reasonable period in which to respond and to address these issues privately. Brent Council should understand this – the Council now formally in on notice that it can no longer hide behind the inadequacy of the Ombudsman's investigations of 2002/3 and 2005/6 and that it must address to my satisfaction my complaints related to the period October 1996 up to and including the recent past.
      When I have received satisfactory answers and the wrong done to me by this organisation is redressed fairly, I will publish the full story of Brent Council's duplicitous behaviour and cavalier treatment of both me and my complaints regarding the nuisance behaviour of a neighbour. Naturally, this would mean those individual Council employees identified previously will have their identities concealed.
      Should the Council fail to provide a satisfactory answer to any individual question, however, in a spirit of responsible journalism on an issue with inherent public interest, I will publish a full account of the behaviour of those individual Council employees who have treated me so shabbily.

William Leamy

This thread is continued in Bloody Brent.

Related posts

Bloody Brent   Revolting Brent   Incompetent Brent   The 'neighbour relations team'   Uncaring Brent   An open letter to Brent Council   … while Nero fiddled   Unaccountable Brent   Coote and Longdon   Rogue's Gallery   Hell twice over   Arrogant Brent   Why did Dack lie?   Evans is dishonest, Part 1   Capitulating Brent?   Bent Brent


BC copyright © 2008 WPL · Final warning · Bent Council